The Front End Developer Bootcamp
Are you interested in becoming a programmer, but don’t know where to begin? If so, then this is your starting point.
The Front End Developer Bootcamp is an online course that teaches you the fundamentals of front end web development. By the time you finish, you’ll have complete mastery of the languages and frameworks of the front end web.
- Over 20 hours of HD quality videos that you can watch anytime, anywhere
- This course is completely beginner friendly. Do you have zero coding experience? No problem! You don’t need a fancy, powerful computer to be a programmer, and we’ll show you what tools you need to install
- This online course was created by a real instructor who teaches coding at a college in Austin, TX
- Can’t afford to attend a coding bootcamp that costs over $10,000? Don’t worry. We give you the same curriculum as those pricer classes that require high tuition costs.
- This course is heavily project based. The most important thing to get a job as a web developer is your portfolio, and we build real world projects that you can claim as your own!
- Each video is detail oriented. We spend a lot of time taking complex subjects and breaking them down into smaller chunks that make it easier to understand.
I created this course because I had so many friends say to me, “I want to learn how to code so that I can start a new career, but I don’t know what I should do. Should I take computer science classes? Should I join a coding bootcamp? Or try to learn online?”
It’s honestly and understandably confusing. My advice is to always start learning online first because it's more affordable and accessible. If you decide that you like the online learning experience, then you might consider taking in-person classes as the next step.
Web development is terrific starting point for any aspiring developer. It requires minimal experience and hardware to get started (just your laptop!), and companies are always hiring people to work on their websites and web applications.
Start3.1 Mac or Windows: what computer do I need? (4:10)
Start3.2 A quick tutorial on how to use a Mac (8:14)
Start3.3 What web browser to use (4:42)
Start3.4 Installing the text editor, the place where we write our code (5:25)
Start3.5 Tips for using Sublime Text (5:30)
Start3.6 Changing themes for Sublime Text (6:47)
Start3.7 Tech sites you should follow (3:09)
Start3.8 Blogging: why you should write about your coding journey (3:33)
Start3.9 Alternate text editor: Visual Studio Code (1:48)
Frequently Asked Questions
Hey everyone! I’m Jon. I’m a software engineer and instructor, and I teach coding at a college in Austin, TX. I’m passionate about technology, and I love helping people understand how it works.
I have a degree from the University of Texas at Austin and I’ve been a web developer for over six years. I started making websites as a hobby, and it soon became a career. Along the way, I also discovered that I had a gift for teaching. My main strategy as a teacher is to break down hard to understand technical terms into smaller pieces so that students can easily understand it.
I’ve taught in a classroom for years, but I’ve met many people who have told me that they either couldn’t afford the cost of tuition or didn’t have the time to attend class everyday. So, now I am creating online courses that give anyone the ability to learn from my curriculum at an affordable price.
I believe education should be fun and affordable, and my goal is to make the best educational products!